Vacuum Lifters | Option | Vacuum Loss Warning Buzzer
Powered independently by a long-lasting 9-volt battery, the Vacuum Loss Warning Buzzer is available for all of Powr-Grip's below-the-hook vacuum lifters. This optional device automatically monitors the lifter's vacuum and sounds an alarm if the lifter does not reach or maintain a level that is sufficient for lifting. Unlike buzzers that sound whenever the lifter is not attached to a load, the Vacuum Loss Warning Buzzer uses advanced logic circuitry to warn the operator only when insufficient vacuum poses a hazard.
- universal compatibility - allows installation on all powered vacuum lifters (including retrofit)
- built-in vacuum monitoring system - senses when potentially hazardous conditions exist with vacuum system
- audio alarm with adjustable volume - alerts operator of vacuum hazards, even if vacuum gauges or indicator lights are not being monitored
- automatic shutoff - turns alarm off whenever lifter is not attached to load
- DC power source - functions independently from lifter's power system
- battery test button - allows operator to verify battery strength before using lifter
- battery indicator light - continually signals battery condition while lifter is attached to load
- durable ABS enclosure - resists damage from environmental exposure
- accessible battery holder - allows battery replacement without opening enclosure
- dedicated air-line filter - prevents airborne contaminants from entering warning buzzer through vacuum line
- Alarm volume (variable): maximum of 103 dBa at 2' [60 cm]
- Enclosure dimensions: 4-3/4" [120 mm] width x 4-3/4" [120 mm] height x 3-3/4" [95 mm] depth
- Power source: 9-volt alkyline battery
- Weight: 1.1 lbs [0.5 kg]
- Supplied with mounting bracket (specify lifter type when ordering)
How It Works:
Other vacuum indicators (a vacuum gauge, light or both) are standard equipment on Powr-Grip vacuum lifters. They also tell the operator whether vacuum is adequate for lifting. However, the Vacuum Loss Warning Buzzer provides additional security by sounding an alarm whenever a vacuum hazard exists, in case the operator fails to monitor other indicators at the time.
This warning buzzer features an advanced vacuum monitoring system, which automatically turns on when the lifter attaches to a load and automatically turns off when the load is released. The system's solid-state design uses logic circuitry to monitor vacuum levels whenever the lifter is in use. If the lifter fails to reach or to maintain sufficient vacuum for lifting the maximum load weight, the warning buzzer sounds an alarm. If the lifter subsequently attains this vacuum level, the alarm stops sounding. The volume of the alarm may be adjusted by rotating a shutter on the enclosure cover.
A battery indicator light automatically signals the condition of the warning buzzer’s battery while the lifter is attached to a load: A green light indicates that the battery is in good condition, whereas a red light indicates that the battery needs to be replaced. Pressing the battery test button also activates the battery indicator light, allowing the operator to verify battery strength before using the lifter.
Please contact your authorized dealer for pricing and delivery information.
Environmental conditions can affect product performance and longevity; consult the product instructions or contact a Technical Sales Representative for more information.
Based on product information at time of publication.